Thursday 21 May 2015

Here’s Why My Brother Wants to Kill Me — Emmanuel Adebayor

Emmanuel Adebayoris back again with his story. This is the part 3 of
his story. He talked about why his senior brother wanted to kill him
and more.

Read below:

SEA, if I decide to bring out the Part 3 today, it is because my
brother @Kola Adebayor and my other siblings have decided to talk
about our family issues on social medias, through letters to my club,
radios…I could write an autobiography and sell it but I decided to
share with you here.

25 years ago, my big older brother Kola went to Germany and he became
the hope of our family. We all thought he could change the way we were
living. Years after he left Togo, we still had no electricity and no
phones. If he wanted to talk to us, he would call the Atlantic Hotel
that was very close to our house. We would then run to the hotel
reception and talk to him.

When I got the opportunity to go play football in France for the first
time, we needed money to for the flight tickets and other expenses. My
brother was nowhere to be found. Only God knows what he was doing in
Germany.

When I arrived in France, I did all the paperwork with my team and
they allowed me to stay in the academy. A few months later, my brother
wanted to come visit me. I was running out of money and I was living
at the academy. Therefore, I had to borrow money so I could pay for
his hotel. At that time, my teammate Sega N'diaye from Cameroon was
kind enough to lend me some money. I also had to borrow some more
money because I had to give my brother some money for his trip back to
Germany. Keep in mind he is my older brother.

A couple years later, things started to get better. Thank God, I
signed a contract with Metz. Since then, my brother would contact me
whenever it was time to pay his bills. Sometimes, he would say his son
is sick… I had to get used to all this.

Again, I was lucky enough to get an offer from Monaco and I signed for
the football club. One day, Kola and the late Peter Adebayor came to
visit me in Monaco. My two brothers did not let me know they were
coming. Someone said "blood is thicker than water" so I took them in.
They arrived early in the morning and I was on my way to training.
When I came back home, we had a discussion and they wanted to start a
car business. Obviously, it involves a lot of money. I told them that
I could help them out as soon as I get paid next.

At that time, Thierry Mangwa was staying in my apartment because he
was struggling with some personal issues and needed a place to stay.
One day, I came back from training and he was crying. He never told me
why. My brothers could also not explain. Another day, one of my
friends Padjoe came to visit me and as he was leaving the house, I
believe I offered him about €500. My brother Kola noticed that and was
very upset. He was trying to understand why I gave my friend some
money right away but not him. My reason was very simple; the money he
(Kola) needed was a huge amount of money that I did not carry in my
house. We went on and had an argument about it.

Another day, after training…I was very tired and decided to go take a
nap. I woke up and a knife was held to my throat. As I opened my eyes,
both of my brothers were there. They were shouting and they claimed
that I was wasting their time. Peter was going mad and Kola was
supporting. I asked them: "Is this the only way to solve this issue? I
yes, then kill me and take the money". It's only at that moment that
he put the knife down. After all this, I found a way out of my own
apartment and I called my parents. My mom suggested that I call the
police. That was the only way for me to get back into my house safely…
I had training the next day, by the way. So I did what my mom said.
Police came and they settled down. Again, "blood is thicker than
water", so I let it go. A few days after, Peter went to visit one of
Kola's friends in Paris. That means I was left in the house with Kola;
for my own safety, I found a way to get him the money as soon as I
could. Only God knows how much I gave him that day.

A few months after all this, I went back to Togo and I was surprised
when my mom started to ask me why I called the police on my brothers,
she continued and said I am the bad person in the family.

Read more at GistReel:
http://gistreel.com/2015/05/20/heres-why-my-brother-wants-to-kill-me-emmanuel-adebayor/

No comments:

Post a Comment