Monday 27 October 2014

Why I Sometimes Flaunts My Assets --Annette Cookey

In an interview with Tribune, Singer, song writer, model, TV host and
actress Annette Cookey speaks on her passion for music, how she
handles her male admirers and her fashion preferences. She is also
the third runner-up winner of Project Fame West Africa 2008 edition.

Read excerpts from the interview below:

Opinion on provocative dressing

Some times, the showbiz part of me wants to show off and be
provocative. That doesn't make it right but as I grow as a musician
and lady, I believe you can be attractive without being over the top
and provocative. Modesty is the key. When I am on stage, I can be
anything without overdoing it but once I am off stage, I am a decent
African woman.

Greatest physical asset

My lips.

Secret of beauty

God! I don't do anything special. Maybe when I am getting older, after
child birth and nature is changing things then I might start doing
something. For now, it is quite simple. I take regular baths,
moisturise my skin, drink water and eat a lot of fruits.

My selling point

My music is deep. It always has a story that people can relate with
and I am very versatile.

Sexual harassment

I experience it everywhere. In the industry and the society in general.

Coping with advances from men

Just fine. I'm used to it. I guess I am becoming a professional at it.

Strength and weakness

My strength is my versatility, while my weakness is not being able to
write songs in pidgin English and our local dialect but I am working
on it so, it won't be a weakness for long.

Role models

In acting, Nse Ikpe Etim, Rita Dominic, Angelina Jolie and OC Ukeje.
In music, late Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston, Jennifer Hudson,
Beyonce, late Aliyah, Don Jazzy because he is super creative, Waje and
Omawunmi. In presenting, Dolapo Oni, Juliana Ransic and Jinnie Mia
because they are effortless. I love Funke Akindele too and Liz Benson
back then.
--GistReel

No comments:

Post a Comment