Friday 9 January 2015

Asisat Oshoala Wins Woman Player Of The Year 2014

Super Falcons' prodigy Asisat Oshoala has revealed her target of
winning the 2014 Glo/Caf African Women Player of the Year to be
announced on Thursday.

The Rivers Angels forward will battle with compatriot Desire
Oparanozie and Cameroonian star Annette Ngo Ndom of the female version
of Africa's best player.

The 20-year-old prodigy, who won the Golden Ball and Golden Boot award
with seven goals at the Fifa U20 Women's World Cup in Canada expressed
her delight making the top three of the award and is hoping to go a
step further winning the crown.

"It means a lot to my career and it's a very good thing to me as an
individual," Oshoala toldGoal.

"The joy of every player is to be at the top at every point in time.
Being nominated is a good thing and should I go a step further to win
the award that will be an extraordinary thing for me.

"As I have always told myself, it's good to always strive harder at
any level. Winning the African Women player will help me get to the
next level and that will be a massive boost for my career," she
concluded.

Oshoala was voted the Most Valuable Player and won the Silver Boot
scoring four goals for champions Nigeria, after they defeated central
African rivals Cameroon 2-0 in Saturday's final of the 2014 African
Women Championship in Namibia to secure their seventh African title.

No comments:

Post a Comment