Sunday 22 November 2015

APC Candidate In Kogi Governorship Election Abubakar Audu Is Dead

The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in
Kogi State, Mr Abubakar Audu, is dead.

Mr Audu is reported to have died of undisclosed medical reasons
shortly after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
declared the governorship election inconclusive on Sunday.

He was leading in the results announced by INEC, scoring 240,867 votes
while the incumbent Governor, Wada of the Peoples Democratic Party
polled 199,514 votes.

State government sources have confirmed news of Mr Audu's death.

He will be buried on Monday by 9:00am in his home town.

Mr Audu was a former Governor of Kogi State born on 27 October 1947 to
the family of his Royal Highness, the late Pa Audu Oyidi, Orego Atta
of Igala Land and the paramount ruler of Ogbonicha-Alloma in Ofu Local
Government Area of Kogi State.

During campaigns, Mr Audu unveiled a three-point agenda, which he said
he would pursue if elected.

He promised to focus on power shift, declare a state of emergency in
critical sectors of the state and concentrate on the interest of the
people.

"Let me make my three-point agenda known to the people of the state
because I want to be held responsible for my word later when I gain
power. First, I will make sure that power shift becomes sacrosanct. I
will be the first governor to change power in the state. I must honour
my agreement that after my full tenure I will ensure power rotation
either to Kogi West or Kogi Central.

"I will declare state of emergency on the critical sectors of the
state especially in the infrastructural sector.

"The welfare of the people of the state remains a priority to me. Let
no one deceive you, I have nothing but the best interest of the people
at heart," he said.

—ChannelsTV

No comments:

Post a Comment