Sunday 30 November 2014

Ferguson Protests: Micheal Brown's Killer, Officer Darren Wilson Resigns

The police officer who shot Micheal Browndead resigns due to the
pressure mounted on him by Ferguson protesters.

Darren shot Micheal Brown, 18, six times on August 19, 2014. But a
grand jury chose not to charge him for murder.

Darren Wilson formally announced his decision to resign via a letter
on Saturday, November 29, 2014.

Darren's letter reads:

"I, Darren Wilson, hereby resign my commission as a police officer
with the City of Ferguson effective immediately. I have been told that
my continues employment may put the residents and police officers of
the City of Ferguson at risk, which is a circumstance that I cannot
allow."

"For obvious reasons, I wanted to wait until the grand jury made their
decision before I officially made my decision to resign. It was my
hope to continue in police work, but the safety of other police
officers and the community are of the paramount importance to me."

"It is my hope that my resignation will allow the community to heal. I
would like to thank all of my supporters and fellow officers
throughout this process."

A Civil rights Activist, Rev. Al Sharpton replied to Darren's
resignation saying:

"We were not after Wilson's job, we were after Michael Brown's justice."

No comments:

Post a Comment