Sunday 2 November 2014

Meet The 13 year old Boy Who Saves Mom From Abusive Boyfriend by Stabbing Him

The 8th grade student was getting ready for school around 7 a.m. when
his mother's boyfriend,
identified as Keith Childress, who was visiting from out of town,
began hitting and kicking her. He had exploded in anger and police say
when Darvon and his sister tried to stop Childress, he started beating
them too. Terrified, Darvon grabbed a kitchen knife and fought back.

"At that point, we have a 13-year-old that grabbed a kitchen knife and
stabbed the suspect and stopped the confrontation at that point," said
Sgt. Trent Crump.

Childress staggered, bleeding to a neighbor's front door.

"I opened the door and he literally like falls into the living room,
and he's all that b**** stabbed me, that b**** stabbed me... and I
looked the side.. he had a deep stab wound.. deep," said a neighbor.

Darvon's mother told FOX 10 she had no doubt she would be dead or in a
coma if it weren't for her brave son jumping into action and doing
what he had to do to protect his mother -- by stabbing her boyfriend to
stop him from a violent attack.

"It was a bad situation and my son felt like the only way he could
save my life was to do what he did. And he really saved my life. If
it wasn't for him, I'd have been dead or in a coma. I'm sure of it.
It was bad," said Darvon's mother.

Darvon says he just did what he had to do to protect his mother.

"It was my instincts, I had to stop it... I was a little bit nervous," he said.

Childress, 26, underwent surgery at an area hospital and is expected
to survive his stab wounds. Police say he will face charges for
domestic abuse.

As for Darvon, "Certainly a very brave young man this morning, and a
decision you would hope that no 13-year-old or 15-year-old would have
to make in this kind of case, but he has.. he seems to be okay," said
Crump.

Darvon's mother says she is extremely proud of her son and it just so
happens, he wants to be a police officer when he grows up.
--GistReel

No comments:

Post a Comment