Thursday 3 September 2015

Many Dead As Trailer Tumbles Over Ojuelegba Bridge

A terrible accident on Wednesday occurred at Ojuelegba area of Lagos
State, as a heavy duty container skidded off the Ojuelegba Bridge and
landed on two private cars, crushing occupants in the vehicles.

The crushed vehicles were a white Nissan car, and another black car,
whose make, as of the time of filing this report, was unknown, was
accordioned under the weight of the container.

The incident, which caused a heavy traffic jam congestions, was one of
the many cases of trailer accidents in the metropolis, in recent
times. Although there were speculations that the occupants of the
vehicles were dead, rescuers were said to have rushed to the seen.
They were joined, soon after, by operatives of the Lagos State
Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA).

As at press time, the General Manager of LASEMA, Micheal Akindele,
stated that no life was lost and that all hands were on deck to
salvage the situation and that press men would be fed with updated
information on the accident.

An eyewitness, who gave her name as Mrs. Roselyn, had this to say. "I
want to thank God for saving my life, because when this accident
happened, I was on my way to the hospital in the company of nanny –
Nancy. I was speechless and shocked because at first I thought it was
the bridge falling down. All of a sudden I saw the container falling
off. I immediately rushed out of my car and ran for safety. Someone
however rushed to me to go drive out my car from where I parked it
because the car in front may explode. I am very thankful to God."

-DailyTimes

No comments:

Post a Comment