Thursday 23 July 2015

I Won't Return To Emeka Ike — Actor’s Wife

Emeka Ike's wife, Emma told The Nation that she's not ready to return
to her husband. Emma said this after court hearing on July 22, 2015.

Emeka was not present in court on July 22, his lawyerAbdul'Hakeem
Labi-Lawaltold the court that his client won't be able to show up in
court due to his health.

Abdul'Hakeem said"My client is ill but I will try my best possible he
comes on the next adjourned date. We indulge the court to give us six
months from this day to see if there is possibility of settlement
between the couple,"

Emma said six months is too long."The last time I wanted to speak with
our children, it was my mother-in-law who picked the call and asked if
I had read Exodus 21 which says that if I go, I shouldn't return."she
said.

The court's president, Chief Awos Awosola said "I am expecting Emeka
Ike in this court if he really wants settlement."

Mrs Ike told the newspaper that "Over two years since I left the
house, he never taught of reconciliation. He had every opportunity to
ask me to return but he didn't. So why now?"

She said Emeka refused to return their kids after he promised to bring
them back to her when she traveled for her mother's burial in
February.

According to Emma,"He promised to bring them to me immediately I
returned from my mother's burial but he didn't. Even when he didn't
allow me access to see our children, I spoke with them on several
occasions but now, he doesn't allow me anymore. My children are now
against me,"

"If I was still with him, I may not survive. I was 19-year old when I
met him and he was the one who deflowered me. I see no reason I
shouldn't be treated with utmost respect. Due to physical torture, my
health has been affected. There was even a time I thought I had breast
cancer because I felt a lump on one part of my breast."

In tears, Mrs Emma said"I almost went mad when my first son told me on
phone that if I truly loved them, I wouldn't have abandoned them. Even
my seven-year-old son whose day wouldn't be complete without seeing me
said he doesn't love me. I love my children. I miss my children. I
never abandoned them. I am in pain. They don't have any other mother.
I really need my children. I am a good woman; I endured so many things
as his wife"

No comments:

Post a Comment