Saturday 23 August 2014

17-Year-Old Marriage Dissolved Over Disagreement On Sex

A Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan on Friday dissolved a 17-year-old
marriage between Rukayat and Rasaq Muniru, over disagreement on sexual
intercourse.

The judge, Mr. Ademola Odunade, in his judgment, held that the court
dissolved the marriage because it considered the wellbeing of everyone
important.

"The court had fulfilled the mandatory adjournments, but Muniru still
refused to show up which meant admission of guilt.

He ordered Muniru to pay a monthly feeding allowance of N6,000 as well
as take responsibility for the education of the children.

Rukayat had told the court that Muniru was so shameless that he did
not mind having sexual intercourse with her in the presence of their
grown up children.

"Muniru rented a single face-to-face apartment room for me at Olunloyo
Area of Ibadan with four grown up children, boys and girls, because he
has married another wife.

"He sees nothing wrong in having sexual intercourse with me in their
very presence as matured as they are, 15, 13 years of ages.

"Whenever the children saw us making love, I used to remind him of the
negative implications it might have on them, especially the need for
another room for them.

"Anytime I refused him sex, he beats the hell out of me, injures me
and tears my clothes. On a number of occasions, I reported him to his
parents but there was no change.

"Muniru does not cater for the children and does not even want to know
whether they are educated or not," Rukayat said.

No comments:

Post a Comment