Saturday 17 January 2015

I Will Lose Millions Of Naira If I Cancel My Show Because of Election --Basketmouth

In a recent interview with Saturday Beats, popular
comedian,Basketmouthsaid it's not possible for him to cancel his show
because of election.

He said the event date has been planned beforeINECreleased their
election date. And that if he cancels the show, he will lose millions
of Naira.

Basketmouth said"This has been an annual show in the last six years.
It is a franchise and it holds every Valentine's Day in the UK
regardless of the day it falls on. It has been happening for the past
six years and the venue has been booked long ago. The tickets have
been on sale long before it was announced that elections would hold on
that day.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it because everything is
ready and I have to go on with my show. The people talking about it
apparently do not know that it is a franchise that has been on for
about six years. I cannot cancel the show because of elections,"

Basketmouth said few people who raised the issue are Nigerians who
reside in abroad, and that if he's in the country, he will definitely
vote.

"If about thirty people that are probably in London and would not vote
comment on my page; that does not mean that my whole fans are upset
with me. Truth be told, if they are talking about fans' comments, I
would like to see about three million comments from different people
to show that they are unhappy. If you check well, those people that
are commenting are not in the country. They are probably somewhere
trying to get their permanent resident permits. I have no reason not
to vote; I am a proud Nigerian,"
--GistReel

No comments:

Post a Comment