Saturday 2 May 2015

Enugu: APC Chieftain Slaps Gov Candidate Over Ministerial Slot

The Enugu state chapter of the All Progressives Congress has been hit
with a major crisis as report claims that the APC National
Vice-Chairman, South-East, Mr. Emma Eneukwu, allegedly slapped the
party's governorship candidate, Mr. Okey Ezea, following an argument
over ministerial slot in the forthcoming Muhammadu Buhari-led
administration.

The alleged incident happened on Thursday during a meeting of
South-East APC leaders at the Imo State Governor's Lodge in Abuja.

The incident was disclosed by Ezea via a text message that was
forwarded to journalists in Enugu on Friday.

The text message read, "Emma Eneukwu slapped me today because I told
South-East leaders that Nsukka has not been minister since 1999.

"He did this before Rochas, Ngige, Izunaso, J. O. J, Gen. Eze, Ucha etc.
"I just said the truth and requested justice and equity in the affairs
of our party and Enugu State.

"Emma (Eneukwu) wants to be minister by violence. Emma is from Udi
Local Government Area which has been producing minister since 2007,
including the incumbent, Chinedu Nebo."

Eneukwu however denied slapping Ezea, adding that such incident never happened.

He said, "I am surprised about that, nothing like that happened, I am
very surprised.

"That story is alien to me; I don't know anything about it.

"Maybe it is a calculated attempt to mar my image. I didn't attack
anybody, I am not a thug. I don't fight."

No comments:

Post a Comment