Thursday 13 November 2014

Tennis: Raonic Pulls Out of World Tour Finals With Injury

Canada's Milos Raonic has withdrawn from the remainder of the ATP
World Tour Finals citing injury.

The World number eight, who lost his two opening Group B matches to
Roger Federer and Andy Murray, will not take further part in the
tournament at London's O2 Arena having suffered a quad tear.

"I am sad to announce that I have to withdraw from the rest of this
competition, due to a low grade tear in my quad. It was a hard
decision...," he announced on Twitter.

You, the fans deserve a great show & I wouldn't step out if I
couldn't. I am sorry for the fans. I will do everything to be here
next year.

-- Milos Raonic (@milosraonic) November 13, 2014

Milos Raonic Withdraws from ATP World Tour Finals With a Quad Tear.
Image: Getty.

Spain's David Ferrer- the next alternative to the 23-year-old- is
presently in court (2:00 GMT) to take on Japan's Kei Nishikori.

Murray now has to win against Federer later in the day to keep chances
of progressing to the semi-finals alive; otherwise, he will be
eliminated.

No comments:

Post a Comment