Saturday 2 August 2014

Ronaldo refuses to rule out Man Utd return

Cristiano Ronaldo has refused to rule out a return to Manchester
United in the future and maintains his "love" for his former club.

The 29-year-old joined Real Madrid from the Red Devils in a EURO 94
million deal in 2009 after spending six seasons at Old Trafford.

Ronaldo, who will not face United in Saturday's pre-season friendly in
Michigan due to fitness concerns, admits he sees his former club as a
"second family" but reiterates that he is happy to remain at the
Santiago Bernabeu for now.

"Manchester United are one of my favourite clubs, everyone knows that
every time when I speak about Real Madrid I speak about Manchester
United, I loved it there," Ronaldo told reporters.

"I was 18 years old when I joined, I won everything there, the people
treat me like a god there so I appreciate that and, in the future, who
knows.

"I remember when we played there against Manchester United in the
Champions League. Their affection killed me, I was so happy.

"I had fantastic moments and I appreciate this club. For me, it's one
of the best clubs in the world and I have passion for this club.

"Some players I am still in contact with because, when I was there, I
created a good relationship with everybody - not just the players, but
all of the staff.

"It was like my second family there, so I'll not forget that the
people treat me good. I love Manchester United and to go back... With
football you never know.

"Of course, I'm happy at Real Madrid - it's my home, my club - but
Manchester United treated me unbelievable so you never know."

Ronaldo also believes United will prosper under Louis van Gaal's
guidance following their worst-ever Premier League campaign last
season under fired coach David Moyes, who had replaced Sir Alex
Ferguson in 2013.

"It will be a better season for sure. My feeling is Van Gaal is a
fantastic coach, he showed that all the time for Netherlands, the team
played unbelievable at the World Cup, and I hope that Man Utd come
back like the people know," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment