Saturday 27 September 2014

Messi Insulted Me -Weligton

Malaga defender Weligton claims he grabbed Lionel Messi by the throat
because the Barcelona forward had insulted him by calling him a "son
of a bitch',Soccernetreports

Weligton was shown a yellow card late on in Wednesday's 0-0 draw for
an incident that left Messi on the floor.

The defender appeared to initiate contact with a minor
shoulder-to-shoulder bump before briefly grasping the Argentina
captain by the throat and pushing him backward.

However, Weligton says he only reacted and confronted Messi because of
the words that his opponent had initially said to him.

"A minute before, Messi tried to play a one-two, I tried to block him
with my arm," Weligton told Cadena SER. "He thought I caught him in
the face, but it was by accident. You can see from the images. He got
angry and came at me, calling me a 'son of a bitch.' That was when I
caught him by the throat."

The pair did not discuss the incident after the game, and the Malaga
man said there was nothing left to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment