Popular comedian, Emeka Adigwu, a.k.a Emeka Smith, and his wife,
Prisca, were recently interviewed by PUNCH correspondents about their
union. Here is an excerpt from the interview:
How did you meet?
Emeka:We met at a comedy show, AY Live, in Lagos. She just visited
from Dublin and came with a friend. After the event, her friend
insisted they took a picture with me. While we posed for the pictures,
I felt I should give her my phonecard. After the shots, she insisted I
took a shot of both of them. While I held the camera in my hands, I
kept looking at her image. After taking the shots, I gave her my
phonecard and asked her to keep in touch.
How did the relationship develop?
Emeka:It developed through phone calls, emails, Facebook chats and
Blackberry Messenger chats. After about a month, she sent me a message
on Facebook, which I replied and told her I was in America. The
communication grew stronger, and we discovered we had a lot in common.
As an Igbo girl, it was difficult wooing her, but I am equally a
Nigerian guy. I have my tricks and she couldn't resist them.
How long did you date before you got married?
Emeka:We dated for two years. I am happy I married her, and I do not
think there is any one better than her. She is awesome, fantastic and
adorable.
How did he propose to you?
Prisca:He proposed to me at an eatery in Dublin. He took me out in the
evening but did not disclose his intentions. While we were eating, he
stopped and proposed.
Did you ever want to marry someone in the entertainment industry?
Prisca:I never imagined or wanted to marry someone in the
entertainment industry. It just happened.
Were there other ladies before her?
Emeka:I was not in a relationship before I proposed to her. I had
issues with other ladies in my life at that point. There were no
heartbreaks; it was just normal quarrels and we went our separate
ways.
What were the initial attractions?
Emeka:She was quiet, respectful, caring, loving and charming. I also
loved her smiles. Her friend who took the pictures with me wasn't
smiling like she was. After the shots, I looked at the pictures and I
was amazed. She has a good height too. She has every quality of an
African woman, including a good character. I took my time to check
that, and I was convinced.
Prisca:His personality and features attracted me. We also have a lot in common.
Were there oppositions from family members?
Emeka:There were no oppositions from my family members. My father told
me that if I was sure I wanted to marry her, that I had his full
support. But her family was skeptical that girls would always flock
around me since I am a comedian. She convinced them that she loves me,
and at the end, they let us get married. There were no oppositions at
all.
Prisca:There were none.

No comments:
Post a Comment