The consumer base of Palmchat, a mobile social app, has risen to about
95, 000 users worldwide, barely a month after it was reported to have
grown by 700 per cent.
Palmchat could only boast about 10,000 users in January 2014, but rose
to about 80, 000 users by early July this year.
Our correspondent, who has been monitoring the consumer base of
Palmchat, observed that Nigerians seemed to be leveraging more on the
mobile messenger application, perhaps, now that it also supports group
chat and location-based services.
Palmchat is a mobile social app that is compatible with mobile
operating systems and downloadable from all mobile app stores - Java,
Windows store, Apple store, Google play and BlackBerry world, among
others.
Research showed that it had interactive and customised fun features
such as Shake-Shake and Look Around with other functional capabilities
including the file share, instant messaging and voice recording.
Sharing his experience, a civil engineer with China Civil Engineering
Construction Corporation, Mr. Abiodun Dayo, who lost his way to Okene,
Kogi State, said he was rescued through Palmchat social platform.
He said, "My journey to Okene became easier having leveraged on
Palmchat as a social platform that is fast revolutionising the way
people make and connect with friends in Nigeria," he said.
He said, "My company had won a 50km road construction project and I
had to be on site. I hadn't been to Kogi before but I had always
wanted to see the splendor of Nigeria's river confluence, a splendor
of such impression that it landed a comfy place at the Nigerian
coat-of-arms.
"My destination was Okene to meet with a team that would take me to
the construction site but after a laboured journey, our bus packed up
and there I was stranded in the midst of good people but my only
challenge was that they didn't quite understand my language."
Dayo said he became "nearly frustrated" when his contact person at
Lagos wasn't picking his calls having called him several times without
response. "So, left with no option, I resorted to Palmchat social
platform," he noted.
"I activated my Shake-Shake feature and shook my device really hard
and that was it," he added.
Earlier reports had it that one of the beneficiaries and a Human
Resource Manager with a multinational company in Lagos, Mrs. Bimpe
Ajayi, said she met her husband, Frederick, on Palmchat.
"It was a very pleasant night; the first night of our honeymoon.
Frederick is such a loveable person; he always has something amusing
to say, quite an accommodating gentleman and slow to anger. Some
people find it hard to believe me when I tell them that I met this
amazing man on Palmchat," Ajayi had said.
"I didn't just bump unto him on Palmchat. I wanted him, I dreamt of
that special one, but I just didn't know how, where and when I would
meet him until a friend introduced me to Palmchat."
No comments:
Post a Comment