Thursday 4 September 2014

Louis Van Gaal Reveals Past Offers, Trash Talks Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham Hotspur fans, avert your eyes if you don't like seeing your
club being belittled.
New Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has been talking trash on your squad.

On Monday, Van Gaal received a lifetime achievement award at the
Netherlands Footballer of the Year gala and in a speech, the Dutchman
opened up about plenty of things.

The main piece of news to come from that was van Gaal talking smack on
Spurs. Read his comments below in full, as the fiery 63-year-old boss
revealed that Spurs offered almost as much money as United to be their
new boss.

However, it seems as though LVG didn't want the 'easy' life Spurs
would have given him. Ouch.

"No, I don't regret taking this job. Yes, it is a massive job I have
taken on at Manchester United. I realize that. And the situation
isnotworse than I thought - I knew what I would find on my plate," van
Gaal said. "I could have opted for an easier job. If I had gone to
Tottenham, the job would not have been as enormous as here at United.
I could have easily gone to Spurs. But I chose the biggest challenge
of all the jobs in football. And I really wanted to join the number
one club in the country, not Tottenham. Financially, Tottenham was
kind of as attractive as Man United. But, in my eyes, Man United is
still the number one club in England, Tottenham really is not."

Below are a few more snippets from LVG, who gave plenty of interesting
insight while speaking in his homeland.

Van Gaal also spoke about how he needs a little bit of luck:

"Look, don't be fooled. Every manager loves recognition and
appreciation. So do I - if I don't get any applause, I would not be
able to keep going for so long as a manager. Nobody can. But you also
need a bit of luck. I have been lucky in the beginning of my career.
Ajax wanted to sack me halfway in my first season at the club. But
they kept believing in me, and look what happened."

On finishing his coaching career at United:

"I want to end my big coaching career here, at Manchester United. I
really want to bring the championship here to the people of Man
United. Those smiles on the faces come when my computer expert, who
combines the good things of a game on a DVD, puts great music with
those great football moments. I love that more than anything."

On not having a break between coaching Holland this summer, then United:

"I don't regret, either, the fact that I rushed straight from the
World Cup to my new job in Manchester. I can handle all that. I have
the energy. And the players and the club give me energy. I think it is
fantastic that I have so much work on my plate. It means I have a lot
to do and I am capable of doing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment