Thursday 2 October 2014

Thugs Set Kano Court Ablaze

Armed hoodlums, yesterday in Kano, torched a magistrates' court
located in Koki area of the metropolis.

Eyewitness told Vanguard that 30 suspected thugs had stormed the
court, brandishing weapons, and set it ablaze.

The court's security guard, who preferred anonymity, said: "Over 30
thugs appeared around 4a.m. when I woke up for early morning prayers.

"When they saw me, they started hurling stones at me. I turned around
and saw two of them approa-ching me with weapons.

"Others were trying to break the court's door, while some of them
instantly torched the court's building, using petroleum. I quickly ran
away to avoid being killed because I was alone."

Narrating his ordeal, another resident, Mallam Nuhu Ishaq, who
sustained injury in the attack, said he saw the thugs in large number
on his way to the mosque, and that they attacked him with their
weapons.

Some Koki residents told Vanguard that the policemen from Jakara
Police Division would have foiled the attack had they arrived
immediately they were informed about the invasion.

Acting Kano State Police Public Relation Officer, DSP Mustapha
Abubakar, confirmed the incident, adding that Police had commenced
investigation into the matter.

He added that policemen reported to the scene immediately they were
informed of the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment