Thursday 12 March 2015

Jim Iyke Talks About Relationship With Nadia Buari

Nollywood actor,Jim Iykeopened up toGLAM Africa magazineon his
relationship withNadia Buari, his career, lifestyle and more.

On being controversial, Jim quotes John Travolta"that this is the
worst time to be a celebrity with the advent of social media."

"What we do right now with all due respect is really beyond Africa.
Its not continental anymore, it has a global appeal. I represent the
continent to the world. Controversy is something that finds you, you
don't find it, it is a mysterious propensity.

"I have a knack for speaking my mind, a knack for doing something
completely out of the norm. My philosophies are different, I can't do
the conventional, I can't be conformed, I don't go with the band
wagon, I cannot be affiliated with a group or persons or philosophy or
idealism. I never go to do press on my own, the point is it finds me
not because I welcome it, but because I exist in an industry where I
want to benefit from without allowing the effect of the industry to
rub off on me.

"When little is known about a person that is in the public eye, things
will be created in order to fit that gap, and a lot of times they are
blown out of proportion.

"There are bloggers that know next to nothing about journalism, they
are what I like to call the 'cut and paste journalists', who pretty
much go to your twitter timeline, crop everything on there word for
word, then paste it on their blog. Everything is so easy now, and
everybody is incredibly lazy, and that is sad.

"So, these are some of the things that give birth to a great deal of
controversy when there is none. I mean what I have done that seriously
is out of context that no one else has ever tried; we are human beings
with all our feelings, our mistakes, short comings and weaknesses.
That is what makes us unique in who we are..."

On his relationship with Kenturah

"In the heat of the whole drama between Kentura and I, people asked
why I did not say a word. She released a story to the press about how
I wrecked her life, I believe it was the emotions of the moment
because that is not who she is and that would never define her, a lady
whom I spent 6 years of my life with.

She is an incredible person, incredibly beautiful, incredibly gifted,
and incredibly generous with her soul, her spirit. You cannot spend 6
years with a Caribbean girl if she is not incredible. In our moments
of grief and disappointments, we say things that we do not mean. Would
I hold it against her? Maybe I did, but I moved on 5 minutes after,
and I do not hold it against her.

But she is always going to be a part of my life; my history will never
be complete without her. It completely spells the measure of man that
I am. I did not say one word and I still will not say one word in
respect of who she is. If she is right I will leave it for people that
know us to judge. They are the ones I owe my explanations to. I have
often said that I don't owe anybody any apology as to the steps and
decisions I take in my life. I owe hardened fans an explanation and
not an apology.

People that are waiting for me to wake up and say stuff have eternity
to wait. She is who she is, she said what she did. She may regret it
or not, I do not know because I never asked her, all I know is that
someone spent 6 years with me and come rain come shine, anytime she
calls me I will readily rise to the occasion. My life will never be
complete without her and she will always have a special place in my
heart."

On his relationship with Nadia Buari

"You don't need a soothsayer to tell you nor do you need a fake
prophet to spell it out to you. I am the kind of man that drops hints;
I do not have to tell the whole story because it makes you lose your
mystic, it makes you lose the strength of your advantage over people.
But here I am with my BFF, an incredibly intelligent and beautiful
person and I think that is what I need in my life".
--GistReel

No comments:

Post a Comment